“Building the old waste places, repairing the breach, restoring the paths"
The Home and Foreign Mission is a component of the Charitable Auxiliary of the Church of God and Saints of Christ Inc., founded in the United States of America in 1896 and was established in Jamaica, West Indies in August 2005.
The Home and Foreign Mission has provided many needed goods and services to the poor and needy, many of whom do not have the education nor employment skills that would allow them to compete in this ever changing world. With the commitment from volunteers to serve, matched with people who are compassionate and generous, the future impact on the lives of many will only get brighter.
The committee currently provides assistance to the needy in the parishes of St. James, Hanover, Westmoreland, St. Elizabeth, St. Mary, Clarendon and St. Catherine.
The Home and Foreign Mission serves children and families with a direct focus on youth empowerment through opportunities of personal enhancement. It is our aim to instill in the minds of the youths the idea of being self-sufficient through skills and services in order to help themselves as well as their local communities. With the assistance of our corporate headquarters in the United States, International and local organizations and supporters, we have been able to help families by providing much needed food, clothing, and medical supplies. Children have received school uniforms, shoes, socks, books, pens, pencils, tuition fees, lunch money and after-school tutoring. We have provided disaster relief from hurricanes and assisted the needy at child care facilities, mental institutions and geriatric facilities.
In addition to the services currently provided, in the near future, we hope to include housing, vocational training, marriage and family counseling and computer training. We also hope to acquire and develop a recreation camp ground for summer camp and personal development conferences.